Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kimono outings are lonely by myself...

I had another kimono outing yesterday... by myself. And it was fun, except that I was by myself. I don't even want to talk about how great my kimono is, and how pretty the color and all the stripes and squares greatness. I already talked about it on Immortal Geisha forums. I'm just so angry right now. At everything. At the fact that I have crappy job instead of the good one I left in US, and that I probably won't be able to find a better job for the whole 4 years I will live in UK. Why you ask? Because of Spouse Preference program, which is good... but not if I got offered a crappy job first. I loose spouse preference regardless of me accepting or declining, so I accepted. Since then I got 1 (ONE!!!!) call for interview, but as soon as they found out that I lost Spouse Preference they said they can't interview me.

I'm angry because I can't go to school here. Why? Well I don't think I can afford British colleges/universities and the stuff available on base are just NOT MY MAJOR! And you know what? I don't want to take just SOME kind of major just to go to school! I want to ENJOY school, I want to go to classroom, not take classes online.

I'm angry because I have no friend here and I'm just not to positive I'll find any. It seems that being military wife does that to you.. you become just indifferent. I hear how other people I work with talking about how they been here for year, 8 month, 6 month and all they do is stay home and don't hang out with anyone. You might ask why don't I try to hang out with people from work? For once, it's not like they jump thru the hoops to become my friends either. And for other, so far I haven't found anyone I just 'clicked' with. I tried to hang out with this one girl, and we met up at the movies (myself, my husband, our friend, her, her husband and friend) and all they wanted to do or talk about was drinking! Well I'm not into drinking! I don't want to spend each waking moment outside of work drinking! So yeah.... I don't think I'll be hanging trying to hang out with her again. Another girl, that I thought might become my friend, and who was actually excited about kimono sorta blew me off yesterday... I guess. She did say she had a vet appt for her dog, and I told her I'll wait and she will call me when she is done... no phone call. No email. No reply to my text message and voice mail asking if she still was at the appt. I don't think hoping for a courtesy call is that much to ask. I think I'm becoming indifferent too. I learn pretty fast in a new situations.

I'm angry about my car. It's a pain to drive and I'm afraid to take it anywhere and a result, I stay at home most of the time. And the time when my husband is at home and we could go somewhere, I'm working.

So yeah... kimono is about the only thing that makes me happy right now. Here are the photos from the outing. If I must say so myself, my kitsuke improved greatly from those grand total of 3 times I dressed myself :)



1 comment:

  1. I know that I am only an internet friend but I really feel bad about what your going through! It's sucks going through that whole I'm new hi be my friend state! I all I have to say is try to find the IG memmbers there and have a meet up. I know you can not go places but please do not stay inside your house all the time it is unhealthy!!! Indifference is not good can lead to depression, I hope you can find friends really I do!

    ReplyDelete