Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kimono Challenge Tag #10 Biggest Kimono Inspiration

Hello Everyone, 


Today's post is a fun one! It's pretty easy for me to narrow down where I draw the inspiration for my kimono style, however I still end up doing "my own" thing at the end. Some people even said that I have my own kimono style, and while it might be true, I still didn't get there on my own. I looked at these people for inspiration. 


Mamechiyo Modern: 
When I first saw their style, I was blown away. Kimono with modern prints?! OMG please sign me up! I loved everything about this style, the accessories, the colors, the SHOES! I know that when I go to Japan, one of my stops will be in Mamechiyo's store. 





I'm pretty sure this is the image that sent me looking for a cape for kimono.


Motoki Okimono Kimono: 
I randomly came across the Japanese version at a local comic book store, and while it was pretty overpriced, I didn't care and HAD TO HAVE IT! Everything in that book just screamed "Lyuba" to me, if only I could read it. Thankfully, the book was published in English too, so now I have both version. 






KimonoHIME: 
Oh KimonoHIME, I obsess over your style. While some of the coordinations are a little out there for me, I still love them. This is where I figured that I too can wear Western shoes with my kimono, and got some ideas on what kind of shoes and how to wear them best. And the hats and accessories! Unfortunately I only have 2 magazines so far, but I'm looking for more! I will have them all! :)






Yumi Yamamoto: 
Imagine meeting someone who basically embodied YOUR kimono style. That pretty much happened to me when I met Yumi at the Japanese Art Festival in 2010. The festival itself was ok, but it was so much better because Yumi was there! She love combining traditional and modern, and has some wicked accessories. I also love her footwear designs. I keep telling her that I was made to be her model ;P and only wish I could wear her designs again. :) 





What are your biggest kimono inspirations? 


~ Lyuba


1. How did you discover and got into kimono? 
2. Your dearest kimono item(s).
3. Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
4. Your least used kimono item(s).

5. Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
6. What do you like and don't like about kimono. 
7. Kimono confessions. Did you know that... 
8. Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can't get for whatever reason).
9. Your biggest kimono fears. 
10. Your biggest kimono inspiration. 
11. Your kimono collection. 
12. The evolution of your kitsuke.

13. Your special kimono memory. 

4 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh , imagine meeting people that are into the saame style as you :)
    A "MUST HAVE THIS" book ? I know all about that. 5 bookcase full of them ^^
    As for that first kimono on Mamechiyo modern ? My (almost) photographic memory went 'MATCH FOUND' when I saw that.
    Check out my Kimono de JAck NL on my Blog and see if you can spot it :)
    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, hate the DISCUS thing, it refuses to show my Walter as the name i post replies under on blogs and keeps referring to the (one of many ) email adresses I use. Can't you get rid of it ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh JUST SAW it! I never really noticed lol. But in my defense, I actually don't *really* like that kimono, I was saving it for the obi :) :) :)

    My book collection is growing by the minute... it's like they are getting married and having book babies!

    ReplyDelete