Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Kitsuke

Hello Everyone,

Last Saturday I went to the March Kimono de Jack meet up in London, which also just happened to be the St. Patrick's Day too. Normally, I don't care, nor do I celebrate this day, but I figured I could have fun with the themed coordination.


The coordination came together fairly quick, although I wasn't sure on which haneri to wear. I posted a photo on FB, and one of my friends suggested I wear a pink haneri. I have to admit, that made me raise my eyebrows a little, but at the end turned out a great suggestion. Plus, the haneri I'm wearing also has white lace on it, so it helps to balance out the outfit I think.



I've finally figured out how to tie that stupid tsunodashi musubi! And it actually turned out, from the first try here! It was a good kimono day! :)



Did you wear kimono for St. Patrick's, or do a special themed coordination?

~ Lyuba

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Also love the musubi, but I guess you only can wear this musubi if you're not going to sit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that's what I though too but it turned out more comfortable than otaiko! Because this musubi acts as a pillow, so it's much better :) All I have to do is "fluff it up" again when I stand up, but that's easy.

      Delete
  2. Japanese spring usually put the color pink. Even if your combination is not pink, we felt the April. I like a lot. It is very good combination! Thanks for your kimono ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) When I think "spring", I think "green" lol, so I've been feeling like wearing all my green kimono lately.

      Delete