Monday, May 21, 2012

I did wear kimono in May!

Hello Everyone,

I've been pretty silent on this blog because I've been pretty busy with various events. I did wear kimono though and here are some photos as proof!

First Hong and I went to the Golden Festival organized by the Cambridge Anglo Japanese Society at The Cambridge Union. I did a kimono talk there, and also sold some of my kimono.

Us, being extra fabulous selves. 

This guy was walking around, and we couldn't pass up an opportunity to dress him in kimono.


I wore my only sha kimono with my super adorable ro obi, which I never had an opportunity to wear until this moment.


We also participated in the Yozakura Party fashion show, which you can see here. I filmed the whole thing while Hong worked backstage making sure everything was nice and smooth going. I can't tell you how happy I was that she stayed and helped me, because saying it was CRAZY would be an understatement. THANK YOU HONG! Unfortunately I didn't realize that everyone will come out at the last minute, and took off the camera off the tripod. The second video is me filming while holding the camera. Had it stayed on the tripod, I could have just pressed the filming button and ran out there with everyone. Oh well :(

Kimono starts at around 4min mark. Logan (the guy in the green kimono), was EPIC! Hong and I are trying to get him to be our model now :) :) :)



Next we also went to the Camcon on May 12, where we were the dealers again and where I did a talk on kimono. I wore one of my favorite striped kimono with my newest obi. I call it Space Apple obi! I don't have any pictures of the back, but trust me when I say that the design looks like a space apple! :)


We saw several artists doing manga portraits, so we requested ours to be done too. The one on the right was done first, but we took one look at it and said it was too nice! So we requested an "evil" portrait too. :) I love them both and will frame them! I also asked one of the artists to decorate my Moo card box, and when Hong saw it she had to ask for her box to be decorated too!



Let me know what you think!

~ Lyuba

1 comment: