Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kimono at the Harry Potter Studio Tour

Hello Everyone, 

About two weeks ago I went to the new Harry Potter Studio Tour. I'm actually not a big HP fan, but I knew that I wanted to go to that tour while I'm in the UK, or I will regret it a lot once we leave. I think now I'm turning into a BIG Harry Potter fan... I'm reading all the books, finally, and I even joined Pottermore...

The tour was a lot of fun, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has an ability to go!

It was a nice hot day, so I opted to wear one of my other sha striped kimono. I paired it up with my grapes tsumugi obi, which I've been dying to wear ever since I've received it. I know it's not a proper pattern for summer, but quite honestly, I don't care. This obi is thin enough to be perfect for this weather (it's thinner than most of my RO obi!), and I can buy grapes in the stores year-round, so in my mind the design is year-round too now.




Now on to the actual tour photos. I do have to warn you that I took a LOT of them, but obviously I'm only going to post a small number of them here. To check out the rest, you can look at my Facebook albums for the rest of the photos. Album 1, Album 2, Album 3.


















Do you have any EPIC events like this in your area?

~ Lyuba

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and I saw the traveling exhibit of costumes, props, etc. in the US 5 or 6 years ago, but I'd love to visit the tour in the UK. Thanks for the pics. x

    ReplyDelete