Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My first proper fall kitsuke for 2012

Technically, it's not really true because I've worn awase for Harry Potter KDJ, but it didn't feel like fall at the time. The weather was glorious, and it was almost too hot in it. And yes, I haven't written about that because I haven't edited all the photos, so bad bad me.

Yesterday I looked at the weather report to see what we can expect for this week and it looked like Tuesday (today) would be the only sunny day out of the week. Of course this is England, and things change every 5 minutes, so I've learned to act quickly. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to wear kimono, because sometimes I just get lazy and don't want to go out by myself. Thankfully, I got a message from my friend asking if I wanted to go shopping with her, so this sealed it and off I went to look for kimono.

Originally I picked a different kimono to wear, but then my eyes fell on a pair of new(er) shoes I haven't worn much at all. So these shoes became the starting point of the whole outfit, and I had to find a whole rest of the outfit to match. After a moment of thinking, I choose this brown awase kimono I got a while back and been dying to wear.

I saw the obi laying neatly folded in my kimono drawer, and knew this was the one. The yellow in the obi goes very well with the yellow stripe in the kimono, and blue and red details on obi bring out the blue and red stripes on kimono. Naturally, my favorite Harajuku Lovers bag went great with the outfit too.
I'm pretty excited about autumn! When it's not raining that is, because I can wear my pretty awase kimono with all kinds of cute accessories.

Expect to see more fall styled outfits from me in the future.

~ Lyuba

1 comment:

  1. Great Autumn colours ! The motif on the musubi is lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing more fall styled outfits.

    ReplyDelete