Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One Day In August

Back in August my friend Tomoko invited me to come hang out with her in London. One of her friends, a kimono designer (Salon de Happiness) whose blog I've been following for while, asked her to take pictures in London while wearing the obi she designed. Of course I said heck yeah, and proceeded to make my way to London for some touristy fun. 

I decided to wear my black sha kimono with one of my prized ro obi, since I never really get chance to wear that obi much. I also choose those two because of the water wheel design on both obi and kimono, so I figured I'll be matchy-matchy yet again. I really like how the coordination turned out, especially with the addition of my new shoes. They are by Irregular Choice but they are so comfortable! Since August these shoes had survived many whole-day trips to London and Cambridge without making my feel hurt like crazy! And they go with so many kimono too! 

We started with Big Ben and eventually made our way to Tower Bridge, at which point we were both so tired from walking around and taking photos, that we didn't want to go anywhere else and called it a day. Overall is was a great day, and I'm really happy that I got to hang out with Tomoko once more :) 

If you read Japanese, you can read about our day on Salon de Happiness blog

No comments:

Post a Comment