Friday, November 23, 2012

Finally cold enough to wear gloves!

Since this is my last year in the UK, my goal is to go to as many Christmas Markets as I can. The reason is because I've never seen anything like that where I lived in the US, so I want to soak up as much experience as I can. And as much mulled wine as I can too :) Just so happens, today was the first day of Bury St. Edmunds Christmas Fayre, and also a gorgeous day in itself. I have not worn kimono in a while, so I figured it was a perfect excuse to wear one. Actually, I've been waiting to wear this kimono for a very long time, ever since I gotten in in the summer. It's gotten colder lately so I could pull out all my nice winter accessories.
I have to confess that I didn't wear gloves at the Christmas Market. I saw them in my kimono room and thought they will match perfectly, but I underestimated how cold it was. Thankfully, it warmed up rather quickly, so my hands were not all that cold. I am glad that I took the scarf though, because not only was it nice and warm, but it also added something extra to the outfit. When I got home, I got my husband to take photos with the gloves.

I really goofed with my obiage and obi. I tried to make the obi appear wider by showing a little bit of bottom layer (un-patterned part), but since it's white, and my obiage is beige, in the photos it ended up looking like I have a very wide, messy obiage. While I did have it fairly wide, it wasn't nearly as messy as photos suggest lol! Well, lesson learned.
So you have Christmas Markets or similar in your country? I would love to hear about them!

~ Lyuba

No comments:

Post a Comment