Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas shopping in Cambridge

I can't believe it's December already! It seems like just yesterday I've started my once a week kimono challenge, but in reality it's been almost 12 month already. Wow!

Today I went to Cambridge with a friend to do some much needed Christmas shopping. I didn't buy that much, but I definitely needed to get out of the house, and wear kimono of course. I choose to wear one of the new kimono that I've got recently with my new gold striped boots. The boots were a bit of a gamble, because they are actually knee high! Those that know me also know that I rarely, if ever, wear knee high boots with kimono, but I'm happy to say that they worked very well. They also looked great with kimono!
I didn't take any photos without haori, but underneath I wore my dusty pink bamboo obi with two different obijime. Haneri is a greyish color, so it matched quite nicely too. I couldn't go anywhere without my gloves of course, because no winter kimono outfit is completed without a pair of long gloves! I wore the same haori as when I went to a Christmas Market, but that's because I only have one vintage kimono. OH NO! It means I'll have to go shopping for more! :P
I'm loving the cold weather right now, so if it's not raining, you'll be seeing a lot more kimono outfits from me! :)

~ Lyuba

2 comments: