Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just Arrived #22

After my last week's news I really needed something to cheer myself up. That "something" came in the form of two packages from Japan, because let's face it, kimono always makes the world better!

This kimono is a prime example that even I like floral patterns. I was drawn to the color first (it's a gorgeous teal), and the striking white and yellow peonies second. It's a pretty thin kimono, so I'll have to wait to wear it.
I've been on a hunt for grape patterned kimono for I-don't-know-how-long. I've managed to get a grape obi a while back, but kimono would elude me every time! Imagine my surprise when I saw it listed and NOT sold. I don't think I've bought anything that fast before. In person it's even more striking.
 I could pass up this michiyuki either. This is the only one I own that has vintage length sleeves, so it will fit majority of my vintage kimono.
Finally, I got some more obiage. I'm a sucker for pretty obiage and can never get enough of them!
STRAWBERRIES!!!!
What were your first purchases of 2013?

~ Lyuba

No comments:

Post a Comment