Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year resolutions 2013

Happy New Year everyone!

This last year showed me that kimono can become a much bigger part of my life. In fact, I can safely say that 2012 was the year of kimono for me. I've done things that I never thought I would do, I accomplished things, I wore kimono a lot and took photos!

Here are some highlight from 2012:

- I went to several conventions, including the biggest one in England, as a kimono dealer.

- I did several kimono talks, including my very first paid one.

- I wore kimono 40 times in the past year.

- I did a kimono fashion show (kimono starts at 4 mins).

- I went to Harry Potter studio tour, twice, and both times in kimono!

- Met up with Yumi Yamamoto in London again, wearing the kimono that Hong made for me.

- Dressed up as fox orian at Hyper Japan.

- Went to my last Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market.

- Celebrated 2 year anniversary of Kimono de Jack UK.

- Took part in the Travelling Kimono.

None of these would have been accomplished without the help of my friends, and especially without the help of Hong. Thank you, Hong, for being my constant kimono partner in crime! I honestly don't know what I will do without her once I move in the summer.

I'm not usually one to make public New Year resolutions, but this 2013 year there are a few things I would like to accomplish.

My 2013 New Year resolutions:

- Wear kimono once a week.

- Organize my kimono room... (yeah... this one going to be hard!)

- Draw more.

- Get all the materials done for a secret 2013 project.

- Finally graduate!

- Visit Stonehenge, with the inner circle access.

- Go back to York once again for the Viking festival (I wonder if I can manage 4 hour bus ride in a kimono...?)

- Visit Ukraine once more before I leave UK.

- Read at least 100 book and review them... at least most of them.

- Experience the craziness of Chinese New Year in London, even if I have to go alone.

- Blog more.

- Start making metal jewelry again.

- See as much of my UK friends as I can, before I move away.

I am not sure how many of these I can actually accomplish, but I will do my best! Wish me luck!

~ Lyuba

No comments:

Post a Comment