Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What's been happening...

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that I've disappeared off the face of the earth for the past few weeks. I've had several exciting and not so exciting things happen, so I figured I might as well tell you all about them.

- It SNOWED, and snowed a decent amount so I've been out like crazy taking kimono photos in the snow for my secret projects and just because! Some of those photos look absolutely amazing (and I'm pretty damn proud of them), and I wish I can show you... but they have to be kept secret for now :(

- My laptop died on me... taking all the snow photos I've taken to that point with it. Thankfully I've backed up about a week ago, so I only lost about 3 outfits worth of photos, including ones I was GOING to show you. I know that I WILL get all the "lost" photos back, because my laptop is not really dead, just wouldn't turn on, but at this point I'm too pissed to even think about doing anything to it. I'll get them back eventually and will show you all :) .

- We got our assignment and found out where we're going next.
A little disclaimer: NOTHING YOU WILL SAY TO ME WILL MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT, ETC.... I've tried, and I can't, so I don't want to hear about it again and again. Offer a hug, that is the best thing and enough  for now.

The place we're going to is Cannon, in New Mexico. It is a real shithole and is called "armpit of America" for a reason. I think every single person in military is dreading going to that place, and we were not an exception. In fact, I was willing to go ANYWHERE but that f***** place. What makes it even worse, is that we can be potentially stuck there, as there is no rule that you will leave in 3-4 years when it comes to US bases. The nearest Starbucks and Barnes and Noble are 100mi away. The drive to visit friends or family is around 17hrs in any direction. The plane tickets are around $700-1000 to fly to friends or family. There is NOTHING there, and nearest decent sized cities are 2-3hrs away - not exactly great for stopping by after work. And don't even get me started about job prospects...

If you want to get a better idea why I'm so UPSET, watch this video (Apologies to my friends who actually understand German). When I watched it for the first time I was laughing and crying at the same time.


- Because I was upset, I got a freaking cold sore on my lip. I only get them after some rapid stress, so this definitely qualifies. This means I can't take any kimono photos until the damn thing heals, which is extra annoying as kimono is my "happy outlet".

- I got a new laptop! YAY! Still don't have any photos to show you because of the above reason, but at least I got a new laptop!

- THANK YOU everyone who bought something from my sale! I finally ordered myself this dress form! I can't wait to receive it :D
Well this is it for now. I'm still in a state of constant numb, so I don't even really feel like doing anything. Hopefully, once my cold sore heals, I'll be much more inclined to take photos and posting again.

~ Lyuba

No comments:

Post a Comment