Monday, November 25, 2013

My first snow in the USA

When I found out that we will be moving to New Mexico, I absolutely did not expect to see more snow than I did in England. Yup, that's right! We got snow this weekend! It probably will be gone in a week and we will see no more, but still!

Of course I had to use this opportunity to take photos in the snow. I wanted to wear something very bright, so I found my much-neglected red komon (but it looks like iromuji from far away) and paired it up with one of my recent purchases. I've been looking for an excuse to wear this chuya obi for a while now, and I thought it would stand out nicely against the red. Unfortunately I don't really have anything else blue in the right seasonality, or even close to it, so I went with the next best thing - this purplish haori. I also thought of wearing one of my blue hats, but I just really wanted to wear this red beret.
The haori has some mint leaves designs on it, so I figured that would be the color of my accessories. The gloves are very close in shade to the green on the haori, but the obiage is not the same shade. It is actually a light blue, but it looks very similar in the photos. I figured that might happen, as the same thing happened in my photos before.
At one point I slipped and almost fell in the snow.
One thing I wish I would have done differently is wear a different lipstick. I thought I would wear some pink for a change, but in the photos it looks like I have no lipstick whatsoever. I know it's a little thing, but little things like that are the ones that literally make or break a photo.
As always, you can see the rest of the photos in my Facebook album.

~ Lyuba

5 comments:

  1. So lovely and bright amidst all that white snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've combined the colours very well ! Nice to see you're still into red :) How are the cats coping with all the snow ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid colors + geometric patterns and a unique fusion of inspirations from the East and West I think make this whole Japanese kimono ensemble so divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there
    I am Japanese who are interested in kimono.
    I saw your blog by chance.
    Coordinates of the color of any article also impressive and wonderful, I will be helpful.
    Thank you love the costume of our traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blend of textures, pattern & color in your outfit!
    Looks beautiful!
    Big Hugs
    >^.^<
    Georgia Sakura
    http://littlesparrownest.com

    ReplyDelete